Carlos firefighters responded to a hearth at Skip’s Deluxe Auto Elements Saturday afternoon, March 27.
At about 2:45 p.m., the Douglas County Sheriff’s Workplace acquired a 911 name from Jay Eckel, 54, of Eagle Bend who noticed a considerable amount of smoke coming from the auto elements enterprise at 4733 County Highway 13 NE in Carlos.
Whereas deputies had been responding, they realized there was somebody inside who was actively attempting to place out the fireplace.
When the Carlos Fireplace Division arrived, the fireplace was principally contained and was extinguished by firefighters.
An Alexandria man and his 13-year-old son had been inside when the fireplace began and had been checked out by North Ambulance for smoke inhalation and had been launched on the scene.
The sheriff’s workplace stated it seems that a small quantity of gasoline was spilled on the ground and was ignited when a hammer was dropped on the bottom and sparked.
Some miscellaneous small gadgets had been burned within the instant space, and there was harm to the storage doorways and the aspect of the constructing, in response to authorities.
There was additionally smoke harm within the constructing.
Responding to the scene was the Douglas County Sheriff’s Workplace, Carlos Fireplace Division and North Ambulance.